Used Refurbished IBM 8205-E6D Power 740 Express Server POWER7+ p740
Essential Technologies is your essential source for recertified, used, and refurbished IBM 8205-E6D Power 740 Express Server hardware. Whether it's a complete system, upgrades, parts, or components you can count on Essential Technologies to provide quality equipment that meets your IT objectives - and exceeds your expectations - every time.
All products are 100% IBM original, tested, and eligible for IBM on-site maintenance (or a 3rd-party support contract). Whether you have a specific system in mind, or if you need alternatives, we have the solution that's right for you.
We will also buy back your new or pre-owned IT equipment.
Refurbished IBM 8205-E6D Power 740 Express Server
- The Power 740 model E6D is a 4U POWER7+ server with two processor sockets, offering 64-bit 4-core to 16-core P7+ configurations (3.6GHz or 4.2GHz)
- Supports up to 32x DDR3 Memory DIMMs (8x standard, 24x additional with optional riser cards) with a maximum system memory of 1024GB
- Optional Active Memory Expansion can allow the effective maximum memory capacity to be much larger than the true physical memory (effective expansion up to 1024GB)
- Five PCIe x8 expansion slots, four additional PCIe Gen2 x8 low-profile slots (optional)
- One PCIe x4 expansion slot for 1 Gbps 2-port Ethernet adapter or 4-port 1 GbE adapter
- Two GX++ slots for 12X I/O loop (up to 48 additional PCI-X slots or 40 PCIe slots)
- Integrated SAS/SATA controller for disk/SSD/DVD in system unit (with RAID support)
- 4-port 1 Gb Ethernet adapter standard in a special x4 slot
- Three USB ports, two system ports, two HMC ports, and two SPCN ports
- 6x 2.5" HDD/SSD, or 8x 2.5" HDD/SSD backplanes available
- Dual 1925W A/C hot-swap power supplies
- Support for LPAR and PowerVM virtual partitioning
- Support for AIX, IBM i, and Linux Operating Systems
- Our refurbished IBM 8205-E6D Power 740 systems are tested, configured, and guaranteed for IBM maintenance